Monday 21 November 2011

10 things I like

After I wrote my blogpost 65 Things I Hate, several people challenged me to come up with a list of things I like - some wondering whether I just hated everything!

So, after much consideration, here is a list of 10 things that I really like (in no particular order):


1. Jellyfish - I think they're beautiful. I'd love to have a room where the walls were an aquarium full of wonderfully lit jellyfish...



Jellyfish at New England Aquarium 6


2. Debating for the sake of debating

3. Old, historic cities like Oxford, York, Bath and Edinburgh



Keble College Chapel, Oxford


4. Composing and conducting



5. Cathedrals and other big churches (which may seem odd as I'm an atheist - but I love the architecture and scale of the buildings - I find nothing spiritual in them)

St. Paul's clock


6. Going to the cinema (particularly when I'm the only person there)

7. The Adagio from Schubert's String Quintet in C




8. Art galleries

9. Silence (or as near to silence as possible)




10. Gadgets - particuarly my iPhone, iPad, MacBook and iMac....



Project 365 - Day 83 - 22nd June 2010 - All set to Work

No comments:

Post a Comment