Tuesday 29 November 2011

10-Day Music Challenge: Day Six - 5 Bands for my Dream Gig Line-up

This one needs a bit of thought... 5 acts for my own mini-festival...

I need a good opening act, a couple of warm-ups, a headliner and then, maybe, a final act to party on into the night. A bit of a mixture, compliment each other and, yet, contrast with each other...

I'm going to be liberal with "band" and include solo artists too... (yes, I know, but it's my list so I can adapt the rules however I want!).

1. Opening Act: Badly Drawn Boy


An understated start to the gig. Simple, perfect little songs.

2. Second Up: Tim Minchin


A musical and comedy genius!

3. Warm-Up Act: The Divine Comedy


Cynical, comedic and always beautifully orchestrated.

4. Headliners: U2


Some find them OTT and pompous, but isn't that what you want from your headline act? Something exceptional in the staging as well as the music?

5. Party into the Night: Kylie Minogue


It was a close call between Kylie and the Pet Shop Boys... But, for a party into the night, surely it's Kylie that wins through? Who can forget the closing ceremony of the Sydney Olympics?

What would you have included in your ideal gig line-up?

This is the plan of my 10-Day Music Challenge - I'm currently on Day Six:

Day 1 - My 10 favourite albums
Day 2 - My 9 favourite songs
Day 3 - The first 8 songs to come on shuffle
Day 4 - My 7 favourite bands
Day 5 - My 6 favourite song covers
Day 6 - 5 Bands for my dream gig line-up
Day 7 - My 4 guilty pleasures (artists or songs)
Day 8 - My 3 favourite vocalists
Day 9 - My 2 favourite music videos
Day 10 - My all time favourite gig

No comments:

Post a Comment