Monday 28 November 2011

10-Day Music Challenge: Day Five - my 6 favourite song covers

1. My Way - Sid Vicious
(Original: Comme d'habitude - Claude François)


2. Nothing Compares 2U - Sinead O'Connor
(Original: The Family)


3. Don't Leave Me This Way - The Communards
(Original: Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes)


4. Handbags and Gladrags - Stereophonics
(Original: Rod Stewart)


5. Jump - Paul Anka
(Original: Van Halen)


6. Always on my Mind - Pet Shop Boys
(Original: Brenda Lee; other versions by Elvis Presley, Willie Nelson)



And, by way of contrast, 6 DREADFUL cover songs!

1. I'll be Missing You - Puff Daddy
(Original: Every Breath You Take - The Police)

2. Candle in the Wind 1997 - Elton John
(Original: Elton John)

3. American Pie - Madonna
(Original: Don MacLean)

4. Dock of the Bay - Michael Bolton
(Original: Otis Redding)

5. Smells Like Teen Spirit Spirit - Take That
(Original: Nirvana)

6. I Love Rock'n'Roll - Britney Spears
(Original: Joan Jett & the Blackhearts)

This is the plan of my 10-Day Music Challenge - I'm currently on Day Five:

Day 1 - My 10 favourite albums
Day 2 - My 9 favourite songs
Day 3 - The first 8 songs to come on shuffle
Day 4 - My 7 favourite bands
Day 5 - My 6 favourite song covers
Day 6 - 5 Bands for my dream gig line up
Day 7 - My 4 guilty pleasures (artists or songs)
Day 8 - My 3 favourite vocalists
Day 9 - My 2 favourite music videos
Day 10 - My all time favourite gig

No comments:

Post a Comment