Friday 2 December 2011

10-Day Music Challenge: Day 9 - my two favourite music videos

TWO?!?! Just two favourite videos?

Well, that's quite tricky! There's lots of music videos I like!

It's been 30 years since MTV hit television screens and, although some form of "promo" had been around for quite some time before that, since then many performers have put increasing amounts of effort into the video that goes with their song as the snag itself. Some video budgets have run into hundreds of thousands of dollars.

So, after much consideration, my 2 favourite videos are:

1. Take On Me - a-Ha


This is surely one of the greatest music videos of all time - and it's incredible to think it was made way back in 1985. Good sng too!

2. Stan - Eminem (featuring Dido)


I love the way the video tells the narrative of the song.

Near misses included Sledgehammer, Hit Me Baby One More Time, Confide in Me, Feels Like Teen Spirit, Every Breath You Take...

This is the plan of my 10-Day Music Challenge - I'm currently on Day 9.

Day 1 - My 10 favourite albums
Day 2 - My 9 favourite songs
Day 3 - The first 8 songs to come on shuffle
Day 4 - My 7 favourite bands
Day 5 - My 6 favourite song covers
Day 6 - 5 Bands for my dream gig line-up
Day 7 - My 4 guilty pleasures (artists or songs)
Day 8 - My 3 favourite vocalists
Day 9 - My 2 favourite music videos
Day 10 - My all time favourite gig

No comments:

Post a Comment