Thursday 1 December 2011

10-Day Music Challenge: Day 8 - my 3 favourite singers

Day 8 already!

Three singers? It's a shame it's not 3 favourite performers, thereby allowing instrumentalists too, but here goes:

1: Meat Loaf
I've twice seen Meat Loaf live. The first time, back at the time of Bat Out of Hell 2, he was amazing. (The second time was in more recent times and he was, let's put it kindly, past his best). At his best, his voice was so expressive and so powerful. A master of theatrical rock, I'd love to see him again, as lo g as he was back on his mid-90s form!


2. Peter Gabriel
Peter Gabriel's voice get better with age and on songs like "Intruder" he sounds really creepy! A great range of singing, from joyous to sad to contemplative... again, very theatrical and a great storyteller through music.


3. Jacques Brel
Surely the greatest chansonnier... such a fantastic voice. Truly iconic.


This is the plan of my 10-Day Music Challenge - I'm currently on Day 8!

Day 1 - My 10 favourite albums
Day 2 - My 9 favourite songs
Day 3 - The first 8 songs to come on shuffle
Day 4 - My 7 favourite bands
Day 5 - My 6 favourite song covers
Day 6 - 5 Bands for my dream gig line-up
Day 7 - My 4 guilty pleasures (artists or songs)
Day 8 - My 3 favourite vocalists
Day 9 - My 2 favourite music videos
Day 10 - My all time favourite gig

No comments:

Post a Comment