Monday 5 January 2009

The weigh in...

I was up early this morning. I'd like to pretend it was excitement and trepidation about the start of my diet but it wasn't. Instead it was Martha, our youngest, waking up at stupid o'clock (that time well before sunrise, before anyone sensible has stirred and before even the annoying CBeebies sing has started its countdown to Tikkabilla).

There was some excitement this morning though. When I looked through the curtains the world was covered in a thick blanket of snow. Maybe no school? I listened to the local radio, hoping to hear news of a closure. They merrily informed their listeners, in a way only local commercial radio can muster, that there were "major driving problems" on the A6 between Matlock and Bakewell. Things were certainly looking up! But sadly no news of a closure. So, after a bit of Tikkabilla, Teletubbies and games on Facebook I resigned myself to going to work and havingbto drive carefully (in the end there were no "major driving problems" on the A6 which was perfectly clear and safe. The only problem was getting off my road because of the ice hidden beneath the snow).

And so the moment of truth arrived. Before my bath I undressed and stood in front of the scales. Oh no, how much?

My toe tapped the front to turn on the scales (all new and pristine) and I stepped on. It seemed an eternity before the machine provided me with its result: 20 stone 8 pounds.

Worse than I had thought before I got the new scales. Better than I feared having got the new scales.

So 20 stone 8 pounds. 288 pounds. 130.63 kilos. A BMI of 38.99 ish!!

I've got some major work to do. No more doughnuts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment