Tuesday 27 January 2009

A little bit of what you fancy...

Diets are boring.

Gyms are boring.

Being healthy is boring.

It's not that I'm giving up - far from it - after the past few weeks of weight loss it'd be dumb to give up now - but I just feel I need a little something extra to help.

This weekend I had a couple of little treats which, while not good for the diet (I did put on a couple of pounds) meant I didn't feel like a gerbil on a treadmill any more - well not quite as much!

My mate Mike came over on Saturday. We watched football on the telly (his team were playing, and beating, my wife's team in the F.A. Cup - and then I cooked a big Chinese meal - but a healthy Chinese meal!!

Sweet Chilli Vegetables.

Spare Ribs in Hoi Sin.

Chicken in Black Bean Sauce.

Egg Fried Rice.

Noodles.

Etc.

Even had a beer with it.

But oh - just a little treat and I felt sooo guilty!

ALso had a weekend away from the gym - I'll go  an extra time next week!!

Luckily this didn;t wreck everything - put on just over a pound - but felt so much better for it!

So, a new week and tighten that belt a little more - yes it is able to go tighter! and am able to fit into some work trousers which I couldn't button up before!

But what's the solution to the boredom? I haven;t the staying power to stay strict all the time... do I just have a treat night once every couple of weeks - or am I risking not really changing my lifestyle by doing that and falling off the path of goodness as soon as I stop dieting?

No comments:

Post a Comment