Tuesday 20 January 2009

Oh, oh, plateau!

So I'm now two weeks into the new healthy regime - I'm eating carefully, low GI, I've been swimming, I'm joined a gym and have been a few times and I'm feeling much better. So why am I a bit pissed off?

Quite simply since last Friday my weight loss has plateaued - I'm the same weight now as I was 4 days ago - despite all the efforts and not having changed anything from the previous two weeks. Weight ought to be tumbling still. In fact on Saturday and Sunday things were even worse..... I had put on a pound! Now how on earth does that work?!

Now don't get me wrong - I realise that losing 12 lbs in 15 days is good, but losing 12 lbs in 11 days was better.

The same happened last time I dieted - after a couple of weeks the weight loss stopped for a short time, as if my body was acclimatizing itself to the new, lesser weight before continuing on but it is a little demoralizing.

Today I have a late start at work (not starting 'til 11 a.m.) so am off to the gym for an hour or so once I've done the school run.

Maybe today's the day things start to get moving again!

No comments:

Post a Comment