Wednesday 1 February 2012

100WCGU: Wednesday

100 Word Challenge for Grown Ups - Week 29 - Wednesday


Wednesday

by

Robert Steadman


He said it would be done by Thursday.
It wasn't.

He said it would definitely be finished by Friday.
It wasn't.

He said he just needed the weekend.
It would be with me first thing on Monday morning.
I said ok, but was beginning to lose my patience.

Monday arrived and Monday went.
It wasn't done.

He asked for one more chance.
I agreed.

He said it would be complete by Wednesday.
Definitely. Absolutely.
It would be finished by Wednesday.
There was no need to worry any more.

Wednesday arrived.

Wednesday went.

It wasn't completed.

He wasn't good at deadlines.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


100 Word Challenge for Grown Ups - Week 29 - Wednesday

6 comments:

  1. Oh dear, we have all had this happen to us. I felt your tension!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're writing about me. We don't know each other, but I can tell. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had builders like that! Made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's obviously Irish. Sounds like it was well and truly 'on the long finger' as we say over here! Nice piece. And snap - or rather, what a very fetching blog page you have, sir!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great! I love it. Especially the last line.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He certainly isn't!! Typical that it ends on Wednesday! Thanks for joining in with this weekly romp with words Robert!

    ReplyDelete